J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weirdest ironic thing happened earlier. For starters, I didnt know that my 91Z had an auto-down driver side window. (OK you can call me retarded, I never looked hard enough to see the extremely faded "auto" under the button). The button, i guess is old and shitty, and I found out if i push it really hard, the window goes down automatically. So I was so amazed that a 91 has an auto-down window, and I was playin w/ it. Rolled it down and up like 10 times. THEN THE DAMN THING GOT STUCK DOWN!!! I had to wait a few minutes, then it rolled up an inch, then the motor shit out again for a minute. Then is was wait....roll....wait....roll....
very annoying :evil: . LOL, I guess curiousity killed that cat (or the window motor :) ).

That motor is riveted in, isnt it?..... and costs about $50 US?........ plus MORE door panel clips (which ive gone through like 3 sets of them in the last 3 months taking the panel on and off for various reasons).

The weird thing is, I dont know if the motors bad or not. After it went up all the way, i rolled it down a bit and back up, and it seemed like it had no problems at all.........

Damn....... Its always something :( ...... *sigh*

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
lol I've replaced mine 2 times...once 3 days ago :p You'll have to drill the rivets out, I just bought some bolts and some 11mm nuts and put those where the rivits were. makes it easier for when it goes out again :) And you can get a motor for about $50...mine was $40. Good luck and leave that Auto window alone next time :)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
mines been doing the same thing for quite awhile now. seems to work fine when its cold or cool out. but dont work for shit when its hot :evil:

i really gotta fix that someday :-?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, actually the auto window is a nice option. I just got handed some shit-luck to have the window motor die on me the day i discovered i had an auto window :roll: . Oh well, no big deal.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
when you hit the button and the window stops oing down or up do you here any noise at all?

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
Only your driver's window is auto? All 4 of mine are in the vert...

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
thats cause its a convertable tiny ;) non of mine are :(

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can probably find a wiring diagram on Mitchell on Demand at my work. I was thinking about doing that, cuz it cant be that complicated, just a switch, and maybe some wiring mods. If I can get my scanner to work, I'll upload it on saturday or sunday.

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
scrat_19 said:
he he
glad to see that someone else has the same problem as me with there damn power window motors.....mine only does the inch at a time thing going up....I hate it....and am too damn lazy to replace it
lol, Mine got so bad I had to assist it by pulling it up. It finnaly got so bad I said fock it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.