J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So I have a bunch of stuff from old system builds and such and I am going to put something in the vert. Now I can sit back and figure things out and see what I could do but who knows if I could do better.

So here's a list of what I have let me know what you guys think would be a good set up as far as wiring up the subs and such.

2 10" Kicker comp VR's (4ohm dual VC"s)
2 10" Kicker comps (4 ohm SVC)
1 Kicker 400d mono amp
1 Directed 200d Mono amp
1 Alpine 360 watt 4 channel amp
Enough RCA's, lead wire, and 8 guage wiring to wrap the car several times
and I'll be using my Clarion 855 HU.

I have no box of yet and no other replacement speakers for the stock ones. I'd like to keep the cost down on this I can do everything myself with full confidence. I figure I have enough decent stuff to make something decent in the vert. Just looking for a little direction.

·
Registered
58 Posts
First off your clarion headunit should work for the system size you are trying to use. My suggestion, being someone who has used kickers since 1994 is the comp vr's and the 400d mono amp split between the 2 speakers. If you are adventurous to run the alpine 360 I would do that on your front car speakers, if you are willing. I would put that amp on a large tweeter in the stock 3.5 dash placement and then get an at least 6 inch speaker for the door. If you have that kind of power on the subs. the rear deck won't matter, mind as well amp everything you can up front. I have a pioneer DEH done to the front speakers and a goliath running 2 old school solos in a bandpass for the rear. equals out quite nicely

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I've ran kickers for ever myself. The way I had it set up last time was the two comp VR's hooked to the kicker 400d amp and then the alpine pushing the fronts on all 4 channels.

I could easily go that simple again. The clarion was the top of the line HU when I bought it almost $900 for that alone. I'm sure they've put out better since But it's all touch screen and I like playing with it.

But I just got to looking at all the other stuff just lying around and got to thinking man I have alot of stuff here I could probably go a little bigger than a simple 2 sub and amp set up here.

·
Registered
153 Posts
How bout this:
Run the 2 CVR's with the 400w MonoBLock
Pair the 2 CR's up with the smaller Mono
then use the apline 4 channel to power the components!!!!
Should bump pretty damn hard! just make sure your components are up to the challenge cuz ur gonna need alot of highend vocals in order to equal out the 4 10's

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I tossed a simple set up together for now. I have the CVR's in a sealed box (couldn't get a ported box off the shelf to fit in the vert) being ran by the Kicker 400D amp. It's... ehh so far. My stocks up front are blown (driver side one badly) so I need to upgrade those as well and possibly toss in the alpine when I do. Anyone got any kickpods lying around with some 6" components to boot :D??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.