J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was planning a 2.0 turbo RWD but been lookin at this new 3500 what does everyone think of a 3500 twin turbo RWD or 3500 single turbo RWD

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
hpjunkie said:
i was planning a 2.0 turbo RWD but been lookin at this new 3500 what does everyone think of a 3500 twin turbo RWD or 3500 single turbo RWD
I'm already building that. ;)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh really well we'll have to compare notes when i get started on mine! lol which setup u plannin on useing n/a single or twin turbo?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmmm same here decided the 2.0 just not worth it for what i want to do i'm tkinking of useing twin garret GT2876R turbos should work good!! is the bell housing on the 3500 same as 3400 ect...?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
speaking of fiero's theres one around here with a s/c 350 LT1 what a rocket

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what's factory hp on 3500 / 3900? and what vehicles does the 3500 come in?

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Wow, RWD 660s and Fiero's. This thread is right up my alley. :lol:

I'm doing a single-turbo 3400 in my Rx7 next year. I already have the engine and rwd transmission. The engine needs a rebuild though. I still have to get this Fiero back on the road first though.

RWD 660T FTMFW!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mine will be much lower and it's not all rusty lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
The sunbird body is sitting on an S10 Frame. you can see the frame and it sways like an s10. and he also mentions it down at the bottom in the comments.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
whitelightning2 said:

decent RWD conversion... not sure what they used, probably S10 parts.
It's alright I guess. I'd rather put a 660 or v8 in something rwd than make a j-body rwd.

v8 fullframe j-body = lame. UNLESS it's Dockrocker or does wheelies! :wink:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no ugly ass heavy ass full frame for this cat! Just pure sleeper those ricers won't see it commin till i smoke the rears anyways! lol strip all metal and other parts that are not needed and a full tube chassis all out of plain sight for the most part anyways!! :wink:

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
hpjunkie said:
strip all metal and other parts that are not needed and a full tube chassis
It'll still be heavy. A full tube chassis isnt as light as you may think. Especially when you stick an entire car ontop of it. It'll probably be the wieght of an fbody, if not heavier.

Like all crazy pipe-dreams, it'll probably never happen. I'll believe it when I see this RWD, tt3500, tube chassis, sunbird. I hope you have 20g to spend. :wink:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fallenz24 said:
hpjunkie said:
strip all metal and other parts that are not needed and a full tube chassis
It'll still be heavy. A full tube chassis isnt as light as you may think. Especially when you stick an entire car ontop of it. It'll probably be the wieght of an fbody, if not heavier.

Like all crazy pipe-dreams, it'll probably never happen. I'll believe it when I see this RWD, tt3500, tube chassis, sunbird. I hope you have 20g to spend. :wink:
just cause u don't got the money dosen't mean a thing no offence!! :wink: Sorry about the typo i meant partial tube chassis mostly just front and rear and a bit of extra strength for the unibody a friend that builds open wheeler chassis is helpin me with that it may be a very slight bit heavier but not much and it'll go like stink!!!!!! But belive what u will makes no difference to me really because it's what i want and will do! :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
whitelightning2 said:
go big or go home.. 3900 swap!

it's being done in a Fiero, twin turbo as well. :p
Wasn't there a isssue with the cam or something that it won't work, I would like to try this swap but not knowing the possible problems, would you happen to have a link to that Fiero build Dave :-?

Btw what are the horsepower spec s for the 3900 :-?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.