J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I saw a car the other day and it had a different grille than mine. It looked like it was a Cavalier, or it was something really close to it. The grille is solid except for a rectangular slit cut out near the bottom. Has anyone ever seen this on a car before, and will it fit a cavalier? I thought that if I could get one it would be nice to have. Plus I might be able to set up a ram air if I see what this grille looks like up close.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know 91 Cavalier RS models had the grill your talking about. I don't know if any other years had it. I was thinking of getting a grill from the junkyard and cutting it with a scroll saw so that it would have a outer frame and a horizontal support for the bowtie, then fill the rest with grill mesh.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, it looks like it is open but it's not on ours. I saw a Pontiac a couple days ago that might be what you saw. Pont. symbol in the center, a horizontal opening about 1- 1.5 in.
w/ rounded corners? It looked like part of it extended to below the headlights.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll larrenduece was right. After some research I found exactly what I had seen. It's off a cavalier, and I have no idea what the pontiac thing is. Must be something else I haven't seen yet. Oh well, guess I'll see it sometime. I think I'm going to the junk yard sometime so I can try and find one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts