J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna see a magazine, any magazine, give 2 people 12,000 dollars, one buys a z28 and one buys a civic. after that they can do anythign they want to enhance the performance, and i wanna see which one will run faster not only in the quarter but on a slalom, road course, etc..i was just watching nopi tv and seeing how much money people dump into 4 bangers, imagine if you dumped that into a real car. i bet the only advantage the civic would have over the camaro is you can get an old civic(or crx) for cheap, and you have to spend around 4-5 grand to get a nice 93+ z28.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
you probably be better off building an old 5.0, you can pick up those dirt cheap, I seen quite a few decent ones at auctions for around 2 grand. You can build them cheaper than an f body IMO. Although an f body will out handle a fox body.

And yes, I don't like fords. :wink:

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thast true. and im talking anything goes too..i mean if you know a trick you can do for free, do it. no holds barred who can go faster type shit ya dig?

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
kornfreak81286 said:
on the road course, the civic would prolly be better since its FWD, cuz the camaro may fish tail going around turns and what not. i dont know if thats true, but thats just the way i see it
In theory that's a good idea, but in practice, RWD usually has the advantage, called "steering with the throttle". In an autocross type course, a tight corner could be made "shorter" or quiker to get the car around the bend by actually using the ability to fishtail, just not too much as that will scrub off speed.
A FWD will in most cases "push" (understeer) through the corner and you have to slow down so much that it will take a while to get the momentum going again, since to slow enough the brakes are usually needed. ;)

It would be a neat article to read.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
i remember reading an online article done by Hotrod magazine or something like that that bought a civic and put like $10k into and then they compared it to a camaro or somehting like that. they basically said that the rwd would destroy the civic in every aspect.

·
Premium Member
10,540 Posts
*cough* honda owner *cough*

of course a camaro would destory the civic. i'd prob got a camaro, but i would have wanted an older iroc z. which i dont think my parents would have thought that it would be a good winter beater. i'm not a real fan of newer muscle cars, give me an older one and i'd be happy, 70s & 80s thats where it was. 80s iroc z & 87-93 mustang gt, i'd be one happy girl :D .

now don't get me wrong if some said here are the keys to my mustang cobra / camaro ss. I wouldn't pass down the chance to go and burn the tires off. :wink:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I want to see 2 cars built identical except for one being supercharged and the other turbo charged and see which performs better in all areas.

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yuck 80's????!!!! why?!?! why on earth would you want a camaro that makes like 200horsepower out of a v8? gimme a 69 ss or a 70 chevelle ss and ill be set...

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
ninteyonez24 said:
yuck 80's????!!!! why?!?! why on earth would you want a camaro that makes like 200horsepower out of a v8? gimme a 69 ss or a 70 chevelle ss and ill be set...
lmao, the IROC had the LT-1 which was like 250 hp but easially made to be 300+.

My T/A had 160 HP stock :eek: hehe, not anymore 8)

·
Premium Member
10,540 Posts
whitelightning2 said:
ninteyonez24 said:
lmao, the IROC had the LT-1 which was like 250 hp but easially made to be 300+.

My T/A had 160 HP stock :eek: hehe, not anymore 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.