J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what does RS mean i know it stands for Rally Sport but how r they diffrent from a regular Cavalier

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Only difference between an RS and a Z24 is the moulding and the wheels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah, i have a 1992 CavalierRS and it was an okay car until i tore the lower connecting rod bearing out of the #3 cylinder. it was a 2.2 I NEED HELP WITH INFORMATION OF WHETHER OR NOT A 3.1L MPFI Z24 ENGINE WILL FIT IN MY CAR> DO THE YEARS MATTER? WILL IT FIT? IF SO> ANY BAD PROBLEMS? PLEASE GET BACK TO ME AT [email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just to help clarify with everything that was said already. The cavalier was pretty much bone stock, and different options were added to it for a price. The RS trim option was nicer than the previous model but still you could add more "preferred equipment groups (#1-?)". The Z24 was the nicest of them all with the most standard features. The RS being the lesser of the two in appearance. It came in either a 2 door, 4 door, or a wagon model. You could get either the 2.2L I4 or the 3.1L MFI engine is these models. Some RS came with painted bumpers and others did not, it all depended on what the factory did. The Z24 was the nicer of the two in that it had side skirts, and nicer front and rear bumpers. This of course was only available in the 2 door model and came standard with the 3.1L. Check your original window sticker from the dealership if you still have it. I have mine and it is in great condition. Hope this helps clarify everything that was already said.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks sandmaster that was the answer is was looking for

1 - 7 of 7 Posts