J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious what the biggest engine that i can put in is. without to much mods, I wanted to know if i could go as large as a 4.3 blazer motor and trans any help would be appreciated, thanks by the way its a 88 z

Darin
President
Unouchable Images C.C.
MI

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
any engine can be put into any car with the right amount of mods and cash, as for your blazer motor it would be a crap load of work, i beleive you would have to convert the car to rear wheel drive wich isnt a cake walk. plus many many other things, what you could do is search through theperformance forum for inof on what engine have already been swapped into a cavy

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
without alot of mods huh??? well if you want to do it without alot of mods I'm gonna say the 3.1,3100,3400 are all simple enough swaps without "ALOT" of mods after that you might want to get the pocketbook out and alot of modding will consume

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thanks i've already droped a new 2.8 in it but I still want more!! we were talking about ripping th 3.1 out of my 4 door rs,and dropping that in the z and putting the 2.8 in my 2 door rs. but i recked my blazer and i had just bought a new engine and rebuilt my trans so i was just curious if it was possible. just trying to mix things up alittle, but thanks guys

Darin
President
Untouchable Images C.C.
MI

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey jakerooni, i'm back, but anyways you will need the dog bone off a
93 lumina z-34 3.4 b-four cam, yea thad be the lower dog bone, other than that the stock transmition will mount to it with little mod, and all your fuel injection can be controled by the blazer ecm, the harness in your z will plug right into it. Thrue it is harder than i make it sound but to give you an idea, the block that the 4.3 utalizes also happends to be a bored out version of 3.4

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
none of what you said makes sense. why do you need a dogbone from a 3.4 DOHC? for what engine?

and NO NO NO. the 4.3 is not a bored out 3.4!!!! the 4.3 is a 90*v6 essentially, a v8 with two cylinders cut off. the 3400 or 3.4 is a 60* v6 designed to be a v6!

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
i dont think you would have any cylinder wall left if it was just a bored over 3.4

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you have someone who knows what they're doing you could fit a plane engine in a pinto. (exageration for a good laugh). I have a friend who stuck a 350 GM performance engine into a 1997 chevy s10. He runs 9.5 second quarters with it. Hurts my feelings everytime.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
arkaine said:
If you have someone who knows what they're doing you could fit a plane engine in a pinto. (exageration for a good laugh). I have a friend who stuck a 350 GM performance engine into a 1997 chevy s10. He runs 9.5 second quarters with it. Hurts my feelings everytime.
that's a pretty common engine swap tho.
they sell kits to do that.
my buddy's buildin' up a 350 right now to put in an s10... or blazer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yeah it is pretty much a cliche but nonetheless it does do some damage to the road. I didnt even know they sold kits. He just cut out the firewall and floor board out a little so his tranny would fit in it. Now he has sheet metal covering it up with some ghettofabulous carpet.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
arkaine said:
yeah it is pretty much a cliche but nonetheless it does do some damage to the road. I didnt even know they sold kits. He just cut out the firewall and floor board out a little so his tranny would fit in it. Now he has sheet metal covering it up with some ghettofabulous carpet.
yeah sell kits that come with the engine mounts, rad, and custom headers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.