J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
704 Posts
You got me too... I haven't a clue. I know I had a plug that didn't connect to anything, but it was the wire to my horn. :lol:

· Super Moderator
20,058 Posts
Look on your rad end tank, there should be a sensor that plugs onto, it's the low coolant light sensor connection.

It may have been disconected due to the common "turn left low collant light on" problem, or the rad has been replaced and was a rad that did not have that sensor.

· Registered
2,399 Posts
thats scary! I was going to say the same thing as raven! I just remember it being there from the other day when I pulled the A/C condensor off the turbo I had to unhook that wire for a minute so I could wiggle the condensor out.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the_raven said:
Look on your rad end tank, there should be a sensor that plugs onto, it's the low coolant light sensor connection.

It may have been disconected due to the common "turn left low collant light on" problem, or the rad has been replaced and was a rad that did not have that sensor.
ok thanks. I still have the "turn left low coolant light on" problem so its not that, but i do know the rad is either really old or swapped out just by looking at it. I'll check tomarro when i got some daylight, thanks again.

· Super Moderator
20,058 Posts
If it's not for the coolant light, the only other thing I can think of would be that you have a switch over year for the coolant level light, in older cars it was in the rad, in newer ones, it's in the coolant resevoir, it may just be an un-used wire in your car, it does happen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.