J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the difference between the 99 and 00 ground effects are? I was checking around for a set of new Z24 ground effects for my Z and I found a set of 02 ground effects but the place told me that they were different. I would much appriciate anyones input on this subject. I'm just talkin' about the side skirts on the kit. I wanna keep my stock Z front and rear cover. I was told by the place that has the side skirts that they were different than the ones on my 97 Z. But, the thing is unless there made of different material they look identical. I haven't had enough time lately to go take any measurements off the ones I want other than the length, but that leaves bolt patterns left to check. The flare on them are the same as well. I know that the fender and everything are the same, they changed the front cover when they changed the headlights because they made the cover drop down further so the headlights would flow into it. The fenders are the same the hood is the same, but all I want to know about is the side skirts( rocker moldings)(ground effects) however you would like to work it. I was told they were different. But I don't think they are, but if they are different I really don't wanna spend the money and have to fabricate a set.

· Registered
6,135 Posts
3rd gen cavis have three distinctive points where they were "freshened up".

95-99, which is the style that you have, 00-02, which is the one you were looking at, and 03-04.

For you to be able to use the 02 front bumper, you would have to modify and swap to 00+ headlights, and corners, as they are bigger. Also, I believe that you would have to swap the hood, and both front fenders, as the lines would not match with the 95-99 body lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.