J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
short story. since I got my new brakes the rims that I had for less than a year will not fit as you can see by the spokes. well the dude at wheelsnext told me about these tenzo's which are 215/35/18 they fit excellent but as you can see they stick out way to much I'm affraid that if I go over a bump they will defently rub. but I kinda like the new rims that I got. The ones I had were the spiders the ones I just got are on the rear which are the tenzo's dc5 gunmetel. I called wheelsnext and trying to get them to send me out my original size of 215/40/17 I know they will fit also with the clearence issues. anywho on with the pictures.

let me know what you think.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I like the shiny ones better. The dull colored (Tenzo's) ones don't do nothin for the car.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok please help me out with this then, I dont' have many options to choose from I do like my original ones yes. so to come close with the "color" and the lip this would be my other choise in 17's do you think this would fit?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
oneredry said:
ok please help me out with this then, I dont' have many options to choose from I do like my original ones yes. so to come close with the "color" and the lip this would be my other choise in 17's do you think this would fit?
i don't think they'd fit. because the backside of the spokes are too flush to the back face of the center section. I could be wrong though. really goto measure how much the caliper sticks out from the face of the rotor, and then measure the wheels your looking at.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
barrok69 said:
oneredry said:
i don't think they'd fit. because the backside of the spokes are too flush to the back face of the center section. I could be wrong though. really goto measure how much the caliper sticks out from the face of the rotor, and then measure the wheels your looking at.
as long as the spokes are Flat to the rim he should be ok. His curve in. Probably cause thier a higher offset(im guessing 42?) with a lower offset the wheel will stick out abit but with a 17" and a 35* offset it should work fine. get as close to the stock offset you can.if not go lower

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok this is the last option that I have this I'm going back to my original size of wheel and tire by looking at the "spokes" do you think it will clear it? this is a little different that what I bought it does have a crome lip to it but its still gun metel (no really other choice in the matter)

sorry to be a bother but I can't drive the car as it is.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think the GF7's (second choice) fits the look of your car better... as long as they fit with the brakes anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.