J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without going into much detail, I need the Z24 running. The 3.1 is still not running after a couple hundred bucks put into it over the past month.

Most of the places around here wanting upwards of $1200 to rebuild it, which I can't afford, but I still a running vehicle for my girlfriend to get to work in.

Now, I don't know how much you fellas would want to get it running and running well(I jest), so PM me if you're interested in making some extra cash (I can guarantee a minimum of $200). Obviously, if you're within 25-75 miles of my area (Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Cedar Falls, Independence, Oelwein, etc. Maybe even Dubuque or Davenport) it would be ideal.

Like I said, I don't want to make this too lengthy, but PM for details.

Sorry if this isn't exactly the right forum. Maybe general auto?

P.S. I can get any parts necessary. I just need this puppy running since I'm not getting my 3400 till mid-November.

Any takers?

·
Premium Member
10,540 Posts
talked to dave and got in trouble. he's got too much going right now.

why not just go pull another 3.1 from a car, you surely could get one cheap, they put them in almost everything.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats wrong with it ?
Wish I knew. :p

talked to dave and got in trouble. he's got too much going right now.

why not just go pull another 3.1 from a car, you surely could get one cheap, they put them in almost everything.
Just last night I PM'ed Jason to see if he still has his 3.1 from his part out, and I'm going to pick it up next week, most likely.

Now I gotta figure out how I'm getting the old 3.1 out and new one in without an engine hoist. :lol:

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
literally drop the engine out lol jack the body up leaving the engine sitting on the ground lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
scott0999 said:
that would make a good thread "creative ways of pulling an engine without a real puller" :lol:
Here's my contribution. We wrapped a tow strap around the roof of the car, through the openings where the windows were, unbolted the subframe, and hooked the other end of the strap to an ML.... Fastest engine removal in history.

<LINK_TEXT text="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... oid=572765">http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=572765</LINK_TEXT>

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.