J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just wrecked my 88 si prelude and i am not going to fix it, and i want to know if my z24 is faster, i have a z24 i bought for 900 bucks but it has a blown head gasket and its about 900 to fix 120 for the gaskets and head bolts, 70 to resurface the heads and the rest is labor, now im hoping one of the heads arnt cracked or the block but i doubt either are cus the car still runs and drives with still a bit of power ( i know this when i had to drive it home about 2 blocks) but ima poor kinda guy im 19 and i have limited money, i earn about 800 a month so i wanna know if i should stick with the cavalier or leave it and try for somthin else, but if it can beat those hondas while all 3 are stock then ill definatly fix it and by the way this z24 is a 5 speed manual and it has the 2.8 v6

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Your Z Will definately take the 88 hands down. A 93, you will take off the line, and probably be faster than up until around 60 or so, then the Si may start to take a slight edge. I would say, definately stick with the Z24! It helps thats its a 5 speed. All this also depends on the driver or course...and tranny. Good luck!

Oh, and congrats on having the 500th car registered on the site

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow cool, im the 500th that kicks, well then ima try to fix the cav then and hopefully it wont be too hard, also will 17" rims fit on a cavalier?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.