J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. I'm going to get my windows tinted this week and had some questions? I'm going to a place a friend referred me. His cars look good so can't go wrong with experience. My first question is what should I get? I was thinking of getting either a mirror tint or just darkening the windows. I was hoping you guys could possibly tell me some pros and cons of each type. If there is any. Also for anyone who has there windows tinted, when you clean them, I assume you use an auto glass cleaner safe for tint, do you recommend anything to help prevent scratching to the tint? I currently use newspaper and was wondering whether this could harm the window? Thanx

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
I would probably stay away from the mirror tint. You might think it looks cool now, but will probably tire of it quickly. It will also attract more cops.
I just use glass cleaner with a paper towel for the inside of my tinted windows. Outside doesn't matter of course

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx. I called the guy up and tomorrow I'm getting them tinted in the charcoal, instead of a mirror tint. Hopefully it will be done before I get out of school so I can pick it up as soon as school is over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts