J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.... my windows have now pissed me off! lol The roller that goes inside the track in the window has broken off and dissapeared. Also, on the passanger side... the clip that holds the window in the door broke so it falls foward too. First it was just my passanger side but now its both windows.

I have to hold the windows and let the motor down a lil bit then lower the window by hand. And when i want to put them up i have to reach in between the crack and pull them up and then put the arm all the way up to hold them.

What should i do to fix my windows???...... i think for my passanger window i will need to get another window with the clips in it. Do i have to get a whole new motor/arm assembly for both my doors because of the roller? I'd like to get 2 new doors but that prolly wont happen!

Please help.... thanks

· Premium Member
11,761 Posts
As far as I've been told you have to get a whole new motor assembly for the roller. As for the clip, you can just go to a dealership and buy a new set...there really cheap.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.... i figured i'd have to get a whole new motor/arm er whatever for the stupid roller. But another thing is that the front track inside the door has came loose from its rivet. Maybe i could just put a lil tack weld er something on it. idk

· Premium Member
13,866 Posts
if you do a search for window roller repair i posted a long time ago how to fix this problem

· Premium Member
13,866 Posts
if you need a walk through or need any help at all let me know, the process will go smoother if you have someone help you hold the window in place

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.