J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey people got a my self in a bit of a mess> there is this guy at my school with a honda civic with a gsr motor in it who want to run me and and this guy keep shit talking domestics all day every day. i am the only guy with a domestic at my school so in a way i feel i have to stand up for them LOL. anyway he goes come on race me it will be import vs domestic prove me wrong. so i said fine because he is just driveing me up the wall, but i think i bit off a bit to much. i think i am going to loose all i got it a cai, chip and free flow cat with a flowmaster. i told my boy who has a 83 z28 that is running 12s 1/4 he said for me to use his car and he will come just to watch and make sure i dont brake anything. i mean i dont think its cheating he said import vs domestic right. what u guys think i should do, do i stand a chance.

·
Registered
193 Posts
its hard to believe that u have the only domestic in your school, and i can tell u right now that if u don't use your car hes gonna talk even more shit about your car cuz when he asked if u wanted to race he thought it was gonna be cavalier vs. civic, now if hes gonna keep talkin shit about domestics after the race then bring out the z28 or your friends car. those are just my thoughts. good luck :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
its hard to believe that u have the only domestic in your school, and i can tell u right now that if u don't use your car hes gonna talk even more shit about your car cuz when he asked if u wanted to race he thought it was gonna be cavalier vs. civic, now if hes gonna keep talkin shit about domestics after the race then bring out the z28 or your friends car. those are just my thoughts. good luck :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
the civic motor's r sohc and the gsr motors r a dohc the way to tell is how the valve cover is shaped. the civic has a raised spot behind the plugs only the gsr will be raised in front and back. i dunno if this helps but good luck
keep eatin that rice

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Good luck either way man. Any time a civic wants to race a Cavy, eneb though you may get ur ass handed to you, Never back down from a civic, its just more embarassing not to race him. Good Luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dont worry race im with your cavalier and if he beat you just told him he have to swap a gsr( ithink its around 5k$cdn) to beat a cavalier. A friend of mine have donne it and he run [email protected](with ported heads) and he is the best driver i know( he did this time slip all day and have 5speed).

Try to beat him or be near him so he can hear what our v6 sound like

Seb

·
Registered
408 Posts
MAN! what are you nuts?? Tear him a new ass with the Camaro! He bashes domestics he better be ready to mess with the big dogs! Besides hes cheating using a bigger engine in his car, so why cant you use a bigger engine with the car your racing? Import vs domestic right? :pimp:

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
vulcaneagle said:
MAN! what are you nuts?? Tear him a new ass with the Camaro! He bashes domestics he better be ready to mess with the big dogs! Besides hes cheating using a bigger engine in his car, so why cant you use a bigger engine with the car your racing? Import vs domestic right? :pimp:
:D :D :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
seriously i dont think youll have too much of a problem hanging with his car other than maybe the transmission but i dont know....a gsr has been known (mostly stock) to run anywhere from 14 (pushing it) to 16 seconds at a track...I hope that you could at least have a close race with the guy and if anything you spent (hopefully) far less on your car than he did...I mean shit he probably spent more on his rims than you did your car. Who cares if he wins...his engine has 170hp/120ft/lb torque stock (probably at the crank), so it shoudl be about even and those times are on a trakc too, so you gotta think if this kid is dumb, he wont be able to break into the 14s for sure and im sure you cant either but hey whatever have fun and dont use the camaro or he will bitch up a storm about the v-8...wow i really went on for a while about this, but i thought it was an interesting predicament...yeah just race him man it shoudl be about even when all is said and done...just make sure to get a good launch GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
71 Posts
i had an experiance with a "gizr" in a civic awhile back. He took my 3.1 sunbird totaly stock by like a car length, i was barley at his rear bumper. He also showed me the engine to show me it was legit. Do it worst that can happen is you lose

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.