J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to trade my 89 turbo cavalier z24 for a 1995 Ford Mustang with a 302 swapped in.

cavalier has :
254,000km
5 speed
manual everything
leaking wiper duct and firewall
starting to show rust.

mustang has :
269,000km
5 speed
cracked windshield
power everything
ZERO rust
beautiful interior.

the guy took a ride in my cavalier and fell in love with the turbo, and the fact that we blew a 5.0 out of the water added to his wanting the car.

I'm not really a ford guy, but i got 2800$ in the z24 including the price of the car, and i could easily sell the mustang for 5k$

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
jakerooni said:
the 302 it such a shitty ass engine though... Maybe if it was a 351 or so but the 302... Ehhh probably not.
yes 302C sux how ever 302W.H.O is a totally different eng as well 351C, C.H.O,and moddifyed are garbage but 302&351W.H.O IS PURE HAWTNESS
ex 302c mustang vs. 350 camero 350 faster by far but 302W.H.O eat's 350's for breakfast 302 W.H.O loves 7000rpm same with 351W.H.O(i haven't killed either one as of yet and my 302W.H.O has been tortured beyond what any eng should be ex. carb worn out beyond repair flooding bad enuf to wash down the cyclinders 1 litre of oil in pan and still took 7000rpm)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, if the debate was over the 351 vs. 302 LOL maybe....

but the reasoning behind my wanting to trade it is.... have a chance to double my cash and then invest in a convertible Z ;)

don't worry, i'd only buy ford to make money, not to drive...

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
capitalsins said:
well, if the debate was over the 351 vs. 302 LOL maybe....

but the reasoning behind my wanting to trade it is.... have a chance to double my cash and then invest in a convertible Z ;)

don't worry, i'd only buy ford to make money, not to drive...
\\

Very nice on the last statement bro......very nice!!!!!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I'd trade if it were a 5.0 gt. If it were a v6 model with a 5.0 swapped in I wouldn't.... the 302 swap has me confused :-?

Like you said the stang is worth more and a stick shift 5.0 would be more fun to drive IMO. You also said that your car is starting to rust and his isn't.

I've know many people that have bought a v8 rwd car and never looked back. Can't say I've ever heard that about fwd.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that's my whole aspect of this deal... make money.

i've never seen anybody make real money off a z24 sale... so if i can do this deal even if it's ending up with 500$ more than the price of my Z it's worth it.

I've learned so much doing this swap that the next one would be FLAWless ;)

i've owned RWD cars before and in the snow, they suck... so if this deal goes down... i'll be back on this forum before you know i left :p

shopping for a RUST FREE convertible Z24 to swap another 3.1turbo or 3400.

z24's have the best power potential for the buck... I DON"T WANNA hear honda's story about power.. LOL

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
hpjunkie said:
jakerooni said:
the 302 it such a shitty ass engine though... Maybe if it was a 351 or so but the 302... Ehhh probably not.
yes 302C sux how ever 302W.H.O is a totally different eng as well 351C, C.H.O,and moddifyed are garbage but 302&351W.H.O IS PURE HAWTNESS
ex 302c mustang vs. 350 camero 350 faster by far but 302W.H.O eat's 350's for breakfast 302 W.H.O loves 7000rpm same with 351W.H.O(i haven't killed either one as of yet and my 302W.H.O has been tortured beyond what any eng should be ex. carb worn out beyond repair flooding bad enuf to wash down the cyclinders 1 litre of oil in pan and still took 7000rpm)
i doubt that JDM 302 or whatever super hp # it has would come close to a ls1, let alone a new cobra :lol:

but none the less

good job on the sale, way to bank $$

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.