J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an elderly couple pulled out of a driveway and i hit them in the left front. I got some burns on my left arm from the airbag and a bruised knee but other than that Im fine It was an 07 with 16k mi

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,540 Posts
that will buff out...

we already talked about it so now i can make a joke, you know now that i'm thinking of it. you need to see if you can get a rent a car and i'll go rent a car, then we'll race them at the drag strip at the bash :lol:

some of these people on this site prob didn't even know you had that car.

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
Glad to hear you're relatively OK. Sucks about the car, man. I like Hallie's idea, though. Get rental cars and race them!!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
So.. They pulled out and you werent paying attention? Or they pulled out and they werent paying attention?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aphytex said:
So.. They pulled out and you werent paying attention? Or they pulled out and they werent paying attention?
well they obviously didnt see me coming and at the same time i was checking traffic in my rearview mirror so i didnt know they pulled out till my airbag blew up. they will be sighted for failure to yeild

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
i like the chopped top ranger sitting next to your car :lol: :roll:

did they total your car or no?

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
i really doubt they'd total it, it doesn't look too bad... definatly fixable unless the frame is twisted 6 ways to sunday? but it doesn't appear...

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
pezed said:
airbags blown == totaled to the majority of insurance companies.
^ that... plus seems like anything over 3G damage these days is a write-off..... fucking crooks.

pay over 40G in dues over a lifetime and they write off your car that only has 3g damage.

/end rant

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
most places is if the damage is more than 75% of the value of the vehicle its a write off. just by looking at the pictures there is close to 5g damage. the car itself is worth around 35g. not a write off is my guess

·
Premium Member
10,540 Posts
btw guys paul was leasing this car, so hopefully they do total it and paul can get a new one :) btw paul go for the black one this time.

it was a nice car though, he let me drive it

·
Banned
3,105 Posts
They did the typical elderly back-up...the back up where they don't turn around or look in their mirrors to see what's coming. :roll:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.