J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
i had to go to the wreckers and just wait it out for when they got a 3400 equipped vehicle. ill bet you will have to do the same.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
88cavalierz24 said:
why not go to an exhaust shop and ask if they can make you one?
That's what I did. They actually made me 2, because the first one was made out of mild steel to test the shape to see if they got it right before they made the Stainless one.

xbot you shoulda swapped your engine sooner, I woulda sold you the steel one :D too late now though, been sold for a while.

Hitup Jim's Esso in Essex, thats where I got mine from. came with S.S. flange, S.S. flex joint, and S.S. band clamps, 2.5" all the way to the Catalytic.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
xbot said:
Guess i should have said that i'm looking for a downpipe for my 3400 swap in my car.
my point still stands, you can use the stock on that came with the motor. you just need to cut it really short and have your exhaust welded on to that.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
wite89z24 said:
xbot said:
Guess i should have said that i'm looking for a downpipe for my 3400 swap in my car.
my point still stands, you can use the stock on that came with the motor. you just need to cut it really short and have your exhaust welded on to that.
I don't think anything came with his motor, the exhaust was taken off all the way up to the manifolds.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
yeah. okay..

my 3400 came with no exhust . get me?

but there had to be exhuast on it at one point, Right?. right.

so the exhuast had to go SOMEWHERE at the wreckers.

they might not have any right now at this moment. but just tell them "next time you guys wreck a 3400 equipped vehicle. can you have me the exhuast from the down pipe to just before the cat."

it might take some time. but from what i have heard the "universal" DP's suck. and you know for a fact that the GM one will work the way you need it to.

i had to wait a couple weeks for my down pipe.

Chad

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah, i didnt know you could actually use the 3400 downpipe.. i thought it had to be a custom one for the swap. I was hoping someone had made a custom downpipe that they don't use anymore.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
xbot said:
Ah, i didnt know you could actually use the 3400 downpipe.. i thought it had to be a custom one for the swap. I was hoping someone had made a custom downpipe that they don't use anymore.
I think Damon has pics of his downpipe somewhere.. we also did moonwell's the same way. reused a stock flange with new 2.5" pipe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.