J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
if you want i can ask if the local guy here wants to make one up for you, it'll probably be a 3400 tb, sleaved to 62mm and a custom butterfly.

i think he charges 75$.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
^^id be interested aswell, a local guy tried boring/sleeving out a stock one and said he couldnt get it to 62mm's but maybe thats cause he used a 3100 TB thats smaller then the stock 3400s

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
ok here's the deal, 3400 tb's sleeved to 62mm, for a single tb its 50$, he said if we do 5 he might flex on the price a bit.

i'll get one made up for myself as well.

the only thing would be either shipping me a spare TB or i can go to a wrecker or engine place and get a couple tb's. obviously shipping would be extra.

if you guys are seriously interested let me know and i'll set something up with him.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
ill be interested in a couple weeks as my spare cash is tied into my jeep right now getting it road worthy so i can ditch my 4dr lol

i have a spare 00+ 3400 TB here that i can ship down

·
Registered
931 Posts
Tree, I would be very interested for around that price!! I don't have a spare 3400 TB, but I could take mine apart and put the 3100 one back together to keep me running.

But shipping one up to you may not be as cost effective as you just getting one. I got mine for $15 shipped. I don't know how cheap you can get them?

Mine I did have to modify it for the IAC passage to be open to the main TB bore. Some 3400 TB's have this done stock, some do not. If you would supply the TB, I'd prefer this style for mine if you grab a few and one has this. I don't have an air compressor anymore to use a die grinder to do this now. I can get you a pic that shows what I'm talking about if need be.

What do you estimate total price would come to if you supply the TB shipped to the states?

I take it comes with a new TB plate too? ;) Thanks for the offer I'm very interested!!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
i dont know the shipping cost, but i wouldnt think it would be more then 20$.. its not like throttle bodies are exactly heavy. i can strip all the stuff off of them if you REALLY want :lol: and just send a core.

also, i'll call around tomorrow to see what kind of price i can get on a couple cores, i expect they would be more then 15$ like you said.

if you could get a pic of what you're talking about that'd be great. cuz i have no idea. the throttle plate is new yes ;)

cheers
Brad

·
Registered
931 Posts
Shipping could be cheap post office. Might even be light enough for 1st class style mail? Yeah no linkage required just the TB and plate. Extra sensors would be nice for spares but don't need em.

http://60degreev6.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=714&c=7
Compare 1 and 2. Some are like 1, some have to be modified like 2 was.
This is because I'm using the 3500 adapter and not a 3400 plenum.

I could send mine, if it's more cost effective. It's already got the notch ground out and the TB heater stuff chopped off so it's a lot smaller. ;)

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
So, is this gonna be a one-time thing, for the sleeved TB's, or would it be availible later on? I'd love to do this but money may be kinda tight(definately is until the 1st at the earliest) so we'd have to see....

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
i dont know, depends on how nice you talk to me later :lol:

i called one place thats local to me but they want 45$ for the tb's. which seems a bit steep, i can usually find a couple more at the bone yard on the weekend for way cheaper.

i'll try and get the ball rolling on this on the weekend?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Brad, yeah that'd be great. Let me know what you find for cores. I might just send you mine if you can't find a good core, but will wait to see what you find. It may be cheaper for me to send mine regardless, but others might need cores and would help the batch be done at one time. But then again you might end up with some TB's for $5 or something so I will see lol.

1st class international (air mail) to Canada is 4.66 for one pound box. Next option is $16 for priority! I'm thinking the TB might weigh less than 1lb.. so 1st class would be an option for sending it back and forth.

I'm sure you could do up a few if you have the funds to juggle and sell them without much problem. I'm sure there's lots of people out there that want a big TB that hooks up like stock for cheap! A one time run for cheap to help out friends is great!! Thanks for what you've done so far!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.