J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after a week in shipping my Projector Halo's showed up just a few mins ago. Now all is left is to get them installed followed by my CF turn signal mirrors and black cat gauges.

Here is 3 pics, I am so happy, been wanting these since I got the cobalt.

I know not everyones style but I think they are gorgeous and they make the balt look great.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Those are nice. You know I don't know if yours has the instructions or not but I've installed about 5 pairs of Halos in different vehicles. All the directions that came with the sets says to wire the halos in with your headlight assembly. If yours say that ignore it and wire it into your park lights, that way when you turn your park lights on they will come on. When you wire them into your headlights then you really can't see them that good. But I'm sure you know exactly what your doing. Those are some pretty sweet Halos bro!!!!!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
blackwidowz24 said:
Those are nice. You know I don't know if yours has the instructions or not but I've installed about 5 pairs of Halos in different vehicles. All the directions that came with the sets says to wire the halos in with your headlight assembly. If yours say that ignore it and wire it into your park lights, that way when you turn your park lights on they will come on. When you wire them into your headlights then you really can't see them that good. But I'm sure you know exactly what your doing. Those are some pretty sweet Halos bro!!!!!
the lights are a direct plug in from what i remember.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You just basically splice them and are done, there is a how to over on Cobaltss.net that seems pretty decent, works for some, others have problems. I am dying to get them on but the install and than AIMING is what freaks me out, you have to aim them out of the car so to speak because the screws are behind the light! So its take them out, make changes, put back in and hope you got it, than if not back out they come and so on.

And I do plan to wire them so the halo's come on when you turn the lights on or when you put the marker lights on. I have even thought about doing it so the halo's come in with a switch so they are not always on when I am driving w/ the marker or regular lights on.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I think those look awesome! A friend of mine has those on his car and they look like belong on a Cobalt. I hope everybody doen't start getting these, then it will not be fun having them anymore.

Here's what his look like currently.

He's on the CobaltSS Forums. His SN is shortyhend2004.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
the projectors go real nice.. the top part.. not really digging it. it would look better if he puts a body colored brow to cover the top part... plus would look way more meaner !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well finally got the damn things in, took AWHILE to do the first one but the second was easy as crap(as usual). Anyway, these are the only 3 good pics that came out, but seeing as how I debadged the whole car and than tonight had a buddy from Cobaltss.net come over w/ his friends and we put the black cat gauges in the car is due for a good photoshoot. No pics of the gauges cause by the time we got done messing w/ them I just wanted a shower and get the head light pics up so here ya go. I love them :love:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
1fastcavi said:
nice tractor :lol: but back on topic. those look flippin sweet man!
hell yeah. i would get more use and fun out of the tractor than the car :lol:

lights look nice tho :pimp:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.