J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea due to my own stupidity I messed up my rear bumper, worse. I had my car pulled into the shed and was in a hurry to get going so I didn't pay much attention to what was behind me rather to what was under my feet, I had all the parts from the door down there as I was working on the door earlier. All of the suddden, BAM!!! I backed right up into the vert's front bumper :cry: Needless to say the bumper got it's first layer of fiberglass hair put into the dug out cracks and is sitting on my workbench.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The vert is fine no damage there fiberglass just tends to crack really easy when there is already a huge crack in it. So dont worry sleeper. BTW when you coming to pick up your baby :D

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well heres an update: I just finished applying the first layer of glass inside the bumper, behind all of the cracks, tomorrow I will fill the cracks with bondo and apply my second coat of glass inside. I talked to the body shop and they told me that if I have the bumper in primer and ready to go by wednesday they can paint it and I can have it put back on by thursday, the day I plan to leave for the bash :D Nothing like trying to cut it close. I guess if I dont have it painted I can always throw on my rear from my '88 with the phase II bumper cover.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well in a few minutes I am going out to do the rest of my filling and I have to add 1 layer of glass to the inside, I already laid the first one. So after that it is just a matter of getting it all sanded out and feathered. After that I will be good to go :D

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
bumpin_z said:
Well in a few minutes I am going out to do the rest of my filling and I have to add 1 layer of glass to the inside, I already laid the first one. So after that it is just a matter of getting it all sanded out and feathered. After that I will be good to go :D
yeah you better get it done... i seen it at the woodward cruise.. but i wana get a good look at it.. 8)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.