J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the title signed over to us, it is a '67 camaro RS/SS...my uncle that owned the daytona was going to buy this off another one of my uncles...and never paid him...and then my uncle that was suppose to buy it ended up needing a house, and my mom just so happened to be needing to get rid of a trailer...well he never paid her for it...so in return we're taking the camaro that he claimed as his but never paid for...so my other uncle that still owns it was nice enough to sign the title over instead of taking it back because it needs A LOT of work...i'll post up pics tomorrow or the day following...at the moment my uncle is looking for the firewall-tag that claimed it was an RS/SS because he took it off for some unknown reason, and the vin# doesnt supply that type of info, so hopefully he finds it...i have one pic of the motor, its a 327 with dual 650cfm 4 barrels, i've been told that in order for the motor to even run with these, that it had to be making some serious power, is this true!?!?!?

car is COMPLETELY torn apart b/c the uncle that had it originally was going to restore it from the ground up[/u]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Thats going to be a fun project for you!! Yes, that is a rare motor. I hate you, cuz you have a car that Ive always wanted ;) ...lol. Ohh well. Im buying an '09 when they come out. And PICS PICS PICS PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
A 327 with a tunnel ram isn't exactly rare :-? If it were a 302 it would be a different story.... If it's the original motor you're definitely in luck!! The motor should have the vin # on it. It should also match the approx build date of the car.

Like Dave said run the numbers and see what it is. Here's a great site to see what engine parts you have http://www.mortec.com/

If it has factory hide-away headlights it's an rs, if it has hide-aways and ss badges it's an rs-ss. The ss replaces the rs badge. Hopefully you can come up with the body tag to decode the car more. It's really hard to tell what options it has unless you can find the buildsheet.

That car is worth some good money restored!! Especially if it's #s matching!! I would dump all other projects and work on the camaro

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not the original motor no..its out of a 69...the motor and car are way back in the corner right now, i'll try to get pics later on, as i cant even find the fricking USB cord for the camera anyways

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.