J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, so i apologize if i'm making this request in the wrong space...please direct me if this is the case...

I see that many of you have aftermarket wheels... what i'm looking for is to buy your stock alloys with rubber... I'm assuming many of you had good rubber on your stock rims and upgraded both the wheels (size, looks, etc) and the rubber and would like to sell your stock setup. I have a 96 cavalier with the steel wheels and covers and would like to get a set of alloy rims... any takers??

please email me [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I don't know… what's the difference?? I looked on Tirerack.com to see what the stock rims look like… do they both fit the same??

I'm running stock steel 15" on a 96 Cav LS sedan.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
The 2nd gen rims are 15", and are like the ones on my car. The 3rd gen rims are 16" 5 spolk.
Either will fit no problem, you will just need different tire sizes so the out diameter will remain the same as stock. Unfortunately, i dont have any wheels for sale. If i could afford some aftermarket wheels, then i would

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply... i'm actually getting some wheels/rubber from a guy... they are stock 5 spokes from a 99 z24... thanks again.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It depends what year your 2nd gen is. my 88 has 14" wheels and in 90 (when they started using the 3.1) they also changed the wheels to 15" so technicaly they put 14's and 15's on second gens.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Ah yes...got me on a technicality
88-90 had the checkerboard style 14's
91-94 have the 15's. They changed to the 3.1 engine in 90, but the body was not revised until 91, which is when they changed wheels.

·
Registered
202 Posts
On an 89 they should be the checkerboard style 14X6 and the pattern is 5X100mm (same as all cavs)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts