J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 rs vert and i want to put a z24 kit on it. Has anyone done this and how hard is it?? Are all the holes there or will i have to drill my own??

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
It's really easy, especially if you use a body kit from a Z of the same phase.

It's a direct bolt up, although I recommend grabbing the hard plastic side supports that the bumper covers bolt to right next to each fender. The ones from the Z's are bigger to accomodate the different bumper.

You can use one from another phase but it willr equire removing the honeycomb from your bumpers and it will involve drilling new holes or just leaving it unattached it a couple places. This won't affect appearance.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Make sure to get the bumper supports/honeycomb behind the bumper covers, the z24's are different. As for the skirts, just make sure you get all the hardware and brackets, it's easy, I'd recommend putting the door pieces on first, the line up the sides. You'll have to cut some of the bottom of the side skirts off(not noticeable) due to the added frame rails on a convertible. I did the swap last year, see my registry, or feel free to ask me any questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.