J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was wondering what the differences were between the cavalier RS and the Z24? This is because I have a cavalier RS with a 3.1L and a 3-speed auto. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the only obvious difference is the tranny. That is I would need to get the 4-speed auto or a 5-speed manual. Is there anything else? The reason I ask is because I have a wagon and would like to make it a Z24 wagon. I like the Z24 but really like my wagon. So I thought I could make it faster by converting it to a Z24. Besides I really like beating ricers and just imagining their faces when they lost to a station wagon. If their is anything else I would need to change or modify please tell me. Thanx

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
No first or second gen cavalier ever came with a 4 speed automatic. The only transmissions offered was the 3 speed automatic, and the 5 speed manual. It wasnt until generation 3 (95+) that the automatics got 4 gears.
If your car already has the 3.1, there is no engine performance difference between it and the Z24's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, if i were to convert to the five speed then, would i just be able to follow the how-to section, or is my car a little different because it is a station wagon?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.